One of the most rewarding donations you can make is that of your time and talents. Be it helping at an event or assisting with our projects in Mali, we are always looking for talented, creative volunteers to help us.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please check out our available volunteer opportunities below. Our needs change throughout the year so even if no formal volunteer opportunity is listed, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about other ways you can help.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Join our volunteer team making feminine hygiene kits for girl students. This fun, flexible, and on-going volunteer opportunity welcomes anyone who can measure, trace, cut, or sew. No need to be a sewing expert -- the team approach means there is a job for everyone. Email Merritt to learn more and get involved.
- Parlez-vous francais? Help translate documents or discussions from French to English and from English to French! Very flexible timing for a volunteer interested in keeping their language skills fresh. Email us for more information.
- Searching for those with backgrounds in education, teaching, finance, fundraising, or communications. Mali Rising's work is guided by a set of great volunteer committees. Join a small group of others to provide input and advice via monthly or quarterly meetings (varies by committee). Email us for more information.
- A whiz with videos? We have great images and video from a recent trip to Mali, but we need some help turning the beautiful images into a great video. Email us for more information.
- Calling all teachers! As an education non-profit, we can always use the wisdom of teachers. You may want to join our Council of Advisors to help in an on-going way, or consider involving your students in our Classroom Connections project or Make the Case for Caring Essay Contest.
- Join our Council of Advisors. We are always looking for energetic people willing to donate 5-8 hours a year as part of our Advisory Council. Whether your knowledgeable about education or finance, communications or public health, we can use your skills! Explore the Council of Advisors.
- Invite us to speak. We have several fun, photo-spectacular presentations we'd love to share with your community organization, classroom, or group of friends. Contact Merritt to learn more.