Be part of something bigger than yourself! Participate in our annual virtual walk -- Miles for Mali -- and help build a school for some very deserving kids. Take a walk. Build a school. Change a life.
- Read the contest rules (Minimal! Let's have fun!) and prize categories.
- Explore the Miles for Mali FAQ to get your questions answered. Still have questions? Contact us here.
- Get your business or employer involved in Miles for Mali -- options include sponsoring employees, setting up a corporate team, sponsoring the event, and/or incorporating Miles for Mali into your corporate wellness program.
- Learn more about the village your miles will benefit -- the tiny village of Sankama in southern Mali.
- Invite your family, church group, or work friends to join you -- download this flyer and spread the word! Team prizes are available, and friends make the whole walk more enjoyable...just ask our students.
- Explore the long walks to school of children around the world -- watch On the Way to School available on Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, and other providers.
- Plan your virtual 40 mile walk to make it fun and doable -- many online training plans exist already, googling to find one that works for you. Forty miles may sound like a lot, but it breaks down to 1.3 miles a day! Sound too easy? Go for the 160 mile goal! (That's an average of 5.2 miles a day.)
This May, we challenge you to walk or run the distance children in rural Mali villages walk to get to school in one week (40 miles) or one month (160 miles).
A modest registration fee ($35) gives you access to an easy fitness app to track your miles. We’ll keep you inspired with stories and updates throughout the month of May and prizes are available for individuals and teams, such as family, church, community, or corporate groups.
We encourage you to also use the app to raise pledges from friends and family. This will keep you motivated and help kids in Mali by giving them a chance at the most life-changing opportunity -- a quality education.
Your registration fee and any optional pledges you raise will help build a school for children in the tiny village of Sankama, Mali. You can change lives forever just be getting yourself off the couch…and one of the lives you improve will be your own!